How to Configure Port Forwarding on Innacomm W3400V ?
28/11/2011 19 Comments
Port forwarding enables users or certain applications to gain access to a computer or a server on a specific ports. For example, you have a web server which is served the web application on port 8080 and then you want other people to be able to access your web, but only from web browser, that means other people can just open their web browser, type-in the URL address i.e. http://www.myweb.com, without specifying the port details.
To configure port forwarding on Innacomm W3400V:-
1. Ensure that you were connected to the router.
2. Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.1.1.
3. Log in to the router management by using tmadmin credentials.
4. Click Advanced Setup > NAT > Virtual Servers on the left-hand side menus.
5. Once the NAT – Virtual Servers Setup page is loaded, click Add.
6. Tick the Custom Service, specify the name for this configuration e.g. My_Web_Server.
7. On the Server IP Address field, you need to specify the targeted computer’s or server’s IP address e.g. 192.168.1.250. So, you should configure you computer or server with a static IP address instead of using DHCP IP address.
8. On the External Port Start field, you have to specify the port number that you want to be accessible from outside network e.g. port 80.
9. If you want to have multiple accessible ports from outside network, you have to specify the end range of the port on the External Port End field. E.g. you want to have accessible port from 80 – 90, then you need to type-in 90 on the external port end field. On the other hand, if you just want to have one specific accessible port, you just need to type-in the same number as the number on the External Port Start field e.g. 80.
10. Specify the protocol on the Protocol drill-down, you can choose between TCP,UCP,or both TCP / UDP.
11. Specify the destination port (the port on your computer that runs for that particular service) on the Internal Port Start e.g. 8080.
12. Similar with the External Port Start, if you have a range of internal ports, you have to specify the last port in the range on the Internal Port End field e.g. 8090. But, if you only have one external port, this field will be disabled automatically.
13. Once you have done, click Apply / Save.
14. Your new entry will be listed on the NAT – Virtual Servers list.